Founded in the United States of America in 1981, our client is a national logistics company and a leader in overnight, unattended delivery of auto, agricultural and industrial parts from their customer’s distribution centres to dealer locations. In the 21st century we live in a business culture that demands cost and logistical efficiencies combined with increased performance & productivity. Our client’s strategic, process driven approach has been embraced by the marketplace and is setting new standards in the automotive and agricultural manufacturing marketplace.
They are now embarking on a journey of embedding into their DNA a new Continuous Improvement approach and culture unique to them, embracing change, performance & productivity improvement to enable future growth and bringing their solutions to a variety of new industries.
The new Continuous Improvement Lead will become the senior subject expert responsible for this new approach across their dedicated region, one which has no glass ceiling to career progression in the future.
The ideal candidate will embody our clients Non-Negotiable Values:
- Walk in Humble Confidence – We are experts at what we do, but they never assume we know everything.
- Be Open, Honest and Respectful – We say what has to be said in a tactful, courteous way.
- Be Fearless – We never fail, we only learn.
- We are One Team – We achieve more together by collaboration and consensus.
- Delivery on Commitments – We do what we say we will do.
- We have a Passion to Serve – We are dedicated, hardworking individuals who provide exceptional service to our customers and to each other.
Under the guidance of the VP Operational Excellence & the Regional Ops Director, the Continuous Improvement Lead will focus on the delivery of CI / Kaizen and Quality improvements including the management and delivery of the project portfolio of these activities.
- The delivery of quality management and productivity improvements in line with Operational targets at site.
- The support of Operations to progress Lean and CI methodologies including, the development of training and mentorship of LSS YB’s
- Support in the delivery and development of productivity management tools and the development of the Lean Systems within the areas of responsibility
- Delivery of Kaizen, Blitz Kaizen and Value stream mapping programs as agreed with Operations and the VP Op Ex.
- Responsible and accountable for the CI site project program, including the management of Kaizen activities and YB, GB Belt projects, leading project teams of management and site teams.
- Delivery and management with Operations of the project portfolio’s resulting from Kaizen activity
- Productivity and Quality improvements to a Lean Six Sigma Green Standard.
- Alignment of projects and CI activity to meet both Savings targets and Site productivity improvement targets
- Management of CI Tracker to ensure savings for sites are validated with financial controllers and data integrity is always maintained.
- Support to develop quality & productivity management tools within the sites to ensure consistent measurement and monitoring of quality & productivity (including all relevant KPI’s) at process and site level.
- Support operations in the development of Operational Excellence evolution (Ownership rests with Operations)
- Working with the National MBB development of the LSS YB and LSS GB portfolio, identifying and developing key individuals
- Training LSS YB’s within their local community
- Educated to degree standard or the equivalent experience
- Certified Lean Six Sigma GB or relevant Lean experience (Min 3 years) training will be given for the right internal candidates
- Logistics management experience preferred
- Can demonstrate experience as a process improvement delivery specialist
- Has experience in delivering Kaizen or Rapid Improvement activities based on Value Stream Mapping preferred
- Demonstrates a passion for continuous improvement and the ability to energize and inspire others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
- Negotiation skills
- Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and under stress
- Show leadership and motivational capabilities and the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred or Lean experience
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in the delivery of lean six sigma and continuous improvement programs
- Can demonstrate a rounded business acumen including P & L analysis
- Advanced skills in MS office tools including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, MS project and MS Visio
- Minitab user version 14 preferred
- CAD Drawing software experience preferred
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full – time position, specific hours will vary based on the location, typically Monday through Saturday 32-40 hours per week. Evenings, overnights, and weekends are required based on location and needs of the business.
This position requires %50 travel.
|Job Category||Continuous Improvement Lean Six Sigma|