Construction is changing and our client is at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed. To support our client on this journey we are recruiting a Business Improvement Specialist to join the team and support the Wales and West construction business.
This will be a hybrid role with a mix of remote, office and site-based working. They have offices in Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter and around approximately 20 live projects across south Wales and the southwest and will consider candidates who live throughout this area and beyond.
The Business improvement Specialist is responsible for supporting our teams in their collaborative planning and production routines, delivering performance improvements and simplifying ways of working using Lean thinking.
The role is particularly exciting as it covers over 20 diverse teams on site, and in pre-construction and design phases. As a team they are also responsible for driving innovation and thought leadership by challenging the industry norms.
The right candidate will have a mindset that challenges the status quo and strives to find a better way.
The purpose of the role is to:
– Identify and deliver performance improvement
– Improve our planning and problem-solving exercises
– Use data to drive better performance
– Train and up-skill client teams in modern project management, lean and effective ways of working
You will ideally have some or all or the following skills:
– Project management and/or planning
Our client looks for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to them are your values and behaviours.
This role would be suitable to a person who:
– Can influence and inspire
– Has a growth mindset
– Has excellent listening skills
– Can problem solve
– Has excellent presentations skills, both written and verbal – Is innovative
|Job Category||Operational Excelence, Program Management|